Today we shipped our fourth beta update for WebRenderer Swing Edition 6.0. There have been a significant number of new features and improved functionality since our first beta release. If you are running an older beta, please ensure you head over to the beta page (webrenderer.com/beta/) and download the latest version.
New features and fixes added since beta 1 include:
- Vastly improved Font smoothing
- Anti-aliasing on SVG content to ensure rendering is consistent with Firefox
- HTML 5 Canvas support
- SVG curves and circular shapes
- Transparencies in SVG and Canvas
- Compatibility support for Windows XP (including without service packs) and Java 1.4.2 on Linux
- Print support added (print preview to follow)
We have found the overall stability of our WebRenderer 6 beta to be extremely good. It is certainly worth a look if you are evaluating WebRenderer Swing Edition, as the rendering quality and font performance make a significant difference in the overall aesthetics of the embedded browser.